Re: F26 proposal: Make Fedora Media Writer the officially supported USB install media creator

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 09:16 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> The one concern I have is with Sugar on a Stick spin. Their
> installation instructions require livecd-iso-to-disk, because their
> media boots straight into SoaS, not Anaconda. But I have some ideas
> about how to deal with that going forward to, rather than depend
> indefinitely on livecd-iso-to-disk.
>
> I don't quite get what you mean by this. Are you saying that they
> recommend using livecd-iso-to-disk with persistence as the official
> method for 'installing' SoaS?

They recommend various methods but yes...

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation

In the Download section you get different instructions, to use Live
USB Creator with the persistence slider set. And same for Unetbootin.
In all cases, it's copy the files in the SoaS ISO to the stick, and
setup persistence. There's no use of Anaconda.

--
Chris Murphy