Re: Docker/Libvirt networking issue / bug?

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 11:08:21AM -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have an issue that likely needs a bug or something to fix but I'm
> not sure which component is at fault. So I'm writing here in the hopes
> that someone will know where to point me.
>
>   I have a F24 Workstation where I've been using libvirt/qemu VMs for
> development for awhile now. It works great. I have a bridge0 that
> bridges all VMs and my main NIC so that the VMs are accessible on the
> network. That works well too.
>
>   Recently I started playing with docker. Both times after running a
> few docker containers (with no defined networking / portmapping etc)
> just a bash shell in the container. My VMs are no longer able to get IP
> addresses from the router. They just time out. It has happened twice
> this week and both times it happens sometime after I've done something
> with docker.
>
>   I haven't done any custom configuration with docker so from what I
> understood the docker daemon listens on a unix socket, however there is
> a docker0 bridge that comes up (and doesn't go away when I stop the
> docker service).
>
>   Any VM that was up and running and connected to the network continues
> to be. Any VM that I bring up after docker (if it is actually docker's
> fault) can no longer get an IP. Stopping the docker service, bringing
> down the docker0 bridge in no way fixes the issue. The only way I've
> been able to fix it is to reboot the workstation. Once I do that then
> the VMs are able to get IPs again.
>
>   Where do I start looking/debugging this?

I rarely mess with docker, but I expect that the docker0 bridge has an ip
address on it which may conflict with the one on libvirt bridge.  That is to
say, if they are on the same subnet, and the route for the docker0 bridge takes
precidence, you will loose dhcp.  Check the docker bridge ip and remove it if
you see one, I expect that will restore your functionality

Neil