Re: Cloud and Server Q&A

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:17:51 -0400
Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/27/2016 07:11 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > Hi,
...snip...
> > I see 8 base images for Cloud that aren't rpm-ostree based. Are they
> > in need of a new home?
>
> As best I can tell, "yes".
>
>  Who's using them?
>
> No idea

Fedora Infrastructure is definitely using the cloud base image in our
openstack cloud. I would be willing to devote cycles to keeping this
image available and working.

> So, my thoughts here is that we essentially retire *all* of them and
> then let the Server WG decide to resurrect one or more of them that
> fits with their mission. I think it's better to start from zero and
> add back in the ones that we want rather than to analyze what we have
> and try to decide which ones to abandon.

I'll answer over on the server list too.

I am not sure how we want all the orginzational stuff to shake out.
Perhaps if we decided the big high level things we want to
feature/push, there would be some common lines we can divide the work
up into. I guess in the mean time we keep the server group and the
cloud group can become atomic-online or whatever.

kevin