Re: A tale of systemd and MaxProcs

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 06:34:36PM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > far-reaching infrastructure packages (systemd, glibc, kernel, whatever)
> > that any new restrictions or constraints should be disabled by default
> > in Fedora, regardless of upstream defaults, until we're able to have a
> > conversation — here, in the edition WGs, and/or in FESCo, as
> > appropriate for the particular change.
> Every change of this type is a judgement call. Most of such changes
> don't cause any issues and if FESCo wanted to review every one it
> would be swamped with useless work (apart from systemd, at least
> selinux introduce new restrictions every once in a while).

I hope that this kind of change is not actually intended to be so
frequent that "swamped" would apply!

(And I agree that the same thing should apply to selinux changes which
apply globally. Per-service restrictions should be coordinated with the
maintainers of that particular service and raised to FESCo and WGs as
appropriate.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>