ANNOUNCE: Fedora/RISC-V disk images and RPMs available

I'm really pleased to announce that we are making Fedora RISC-V images
available.  These are clean, RPM-built, bootable disk images:

  https://fedorapeople.org/groups/risc-v/disk-images/

The "full fat" version also contains all of the extra packages at the
time of building, so you can install them without needing a network
connection.  When we have networking this image will be dropped
(because dnf will be able to pull the packages over the network from
the repo at https://fedorapeople.org/groups/risc-v/RPMS).

Note there is no bootloader or kernel.  You'll need to find a
compatible bbl and kernel according to your hardware.  Suggestions for
how to boot can be found in the 'readme.txt' file.

<<< Also! >>> We are running an autobuilder which takes new packages
from Fedora's build system (Koji) and speculatively tries to build
them in Fedora/RISC-V (up to 16 packages in parallel).  The status is
here:

  https://fedorapeople.org/groups/risc-v/logs/status.html

There are a few missing bits:

 - We haven't yet built all the packages from the Fedora @Core group.
   This remains our aim, and we should get there quickly with the help
   of the autobuilder.

 - In particular there is no systemd or plymouth, so at the moment
   Fedora boots straight to a command line prompt.  Hope to get this
   fixed soon, and then the distro will look a lot more like real
   Fedora when it boots.

 - At the moment we are only building Fedora 25 packages, but hope to
   build other Fedora releases (including Rawhide) at some point.

 - Although there are no broken dependencies in the base disk image,
   some of the RPMs supplied are uninstallable because they require
   runtime deps which are not yet built.

More information:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/RISC-V

Want to help with packaging?

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/RISC-V/Building

Thanks to: David Abdurachmanov and Stefan O'Rear for their huge
efforts packaging and debugging things.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW