Re: Please unpush FEDORA-2016-7776983633 on all releases or drop support for libjasper

On Thu, 2016-09-15 at 15:10 +0200, Dodji Seketeli wrote:
> Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
>

> [...]
>

> > > At the moment, the ABI changes that are reported do not trigger the
> > > blocking of the build, so we need collaboration from critpath package
> > > maintainers.  Whenever Taskotron says "please review this ABI change",
> > > the review is needed.
> >

> > Perhaps it would make sense to submit a Change for Fedora 26 to get
> > this in front of FESCo and enabled as blocking.  This is at least the
> > 3rd time we've had an incompatible ABI change and given that we have
> > the tools to prevent it, it might be time to do so.
>

> Agreed.
>

> Though, we also need to sort out how maintainers can do to say "I
> reviewed the ABI change, and it's OK" -- a kind of waiving mechanism for
> cases where the ABI change is harmless.

If we only make it so failed automated tests disable *autopush* for
now, we have an 'override mechanism' for free - if the result is bogus,
the maintainer can just manually push the update stable.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey