Re: Please unpush FEDORA-2016-7776983633 on all releases or drop support for libjasper

Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

> I agree.  This would have been caught by libabigail/abicheck as far as
> I know.

Right, as I said in another message, the Taskotron's task-abicheck task
actually caught it at Koji build time, asking the maintainer to review
the change at:

https://taskotron.fedoraproject.org/artifacts/all/532e5e32-6055-11e6-b56f-525400120b80/task_output/jasper-1.900.1-33.fc24.log

Normally, the maintainer received a notification *if* the notification
was enabled in her/his settings.

That being said, I guess it would be better if Bodhi could take the ABI
verification results into account and refuse to auto-update until
maintainers reviewed the reported ABI changes.  Or a variation around
that that theme.

> Does anyone know what the blockers are for enabling it in production?

We didn't really discuss what needs to be done on the Bodhi side to take
the results of task-abicheck into account.  Until now, we were polishing
things up to the level of task-abicheck.

I guess we should now start the discussion around the Bodhi side of the
equation.

Cheers,

--
		Dodji