Re: Video performance degradation in F24

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 07:34:56AM -0400, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> On 09/11/2016 02:19 PM, stan wrote:

> > Is this using a browser, or a player on the system, like vlc or mplayer?
> > What does your 'severe performance degradation' consist of?  Dropped
> > frames?  Lock up?  Artifacts?  Could network congestion or speed be a
> > factor?  Or do you just mean that the gui is slow to respond?
>
> Okay, I've found the issue is in Firefox and Totem, but not VLC.  So,
> apparently some form of acceleration is borked but not another (guessing).

I saw similar video performance degradation in firefox. But when I switch
to full screen view performance is fine. Maybe firefox does not use
GPU acceleration (vdpau in my case) properly when viewing in a window, but
does so when in full screen.

     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.