Re: need help with gcc segfault on i686

On 08/12/2016 11:43 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 08/12/2016 11:36 AM, Till Hofmann wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> gprolog has been FTBFS for a while due to a segfault on i686, see this
>> build [1] for an example. I followed advice on [2] to add some debugging
>> flags, not sure if they really help though without access to dumped
>> files.
>> The segfault occurs while compiling this file [3].
>
> We need the .i file that is left behind by -save-temps, and the compiler
> command line which triggers the crash.  See the instructions here:
>
>   <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/>
>
> Please make sure that the .i file reproduces the bug with the command
> line (using the .i file instead of the .c file).  The file a bug (either
> against the Fedora gcc package, or on gcc.gnu.org Bugzilla), include the
> GCC command line, specify the exact GCC version, and attach the .i file.
>
> The GCC developers will take it from there.

Thank you Florian and Dan for the info. I found out that this is due to
using fixed registers (-ffixed-ebx) and from gprolog's changelog it
looks like they've tried to solve this issue before. I'll contact the
gprolog developers to get some more info and then check if it makes
sense to report this as GCC bug.

Kind regards,
Till