Re: Pending ACLs

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 11:07 PM,  <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sometimes a maintainer doesn't want to approve ACLs for "reasons" but
> doesn't want to reject the request for various reasons including the
> requestor re-request of denied requests.

To add few things here,

1) Why do we need such "Pending ACLs" weekly emails? The package owner
already gets notifications when someone requests ACLs. Now if you say
people forgets then why not implement something in pkgdb only which
will keep sending weekly notification again to package owners that
someone has requested ACLs on their packages? What benefit will others
get by reading these emails that someone requested ACLs on some
package and its owner still not approving?

2) Sometime back I don't remember if I filed issue against pkgdb but I
discussed on IRC why not add some text entry box while requesting
ACLs. Not everyone knows everyother one here. Let the package owner
know why the ACL requestor need other package access. That will help
package owners to decide to approve or deny quickly. There can be some
people who want to have access/co-maintainer for some packages where
they really not needed to be.

3) I am not sure but I think there is some automation for something in
pkgdb which automatically grants package access to requstor if package
owner do not take action. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Regards,
Parag.