Re: Improvements of Fedora Sponsorship process

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 09:32:28AM +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> I had the talk [1] about Fedora Sponsorship process at Flock. And we
> had very interesting follow-up discussion.

So I kinda missed it, since for some reason, i tought this was
about financial sponsorship.
(Given that I forgot words in each title of my own talks, I can't
really complain much)

> c) Create wiki page with list of sponsors willing to accept new
> sponsoree. And list area of expertise of sponsors (e.g. java,
> python, IoT...). This will make for sponsoree easier to find right
> sponsor. Because we have some sponsors, who are active but are not
> willing to accept new sponsoree right now.

I think that's a good idea, but wouldn't it risk getting out
of date after some time ?

Should someone be in charge of it ?

> d) When sponsors is not active for 2 years [*] - that means not just
> in sponsoring work, but there is no activity in BZ, koji, wiki and
> any other Fedora service at all (guessed by reading log of fedmsg),
> then his sponsor status is removed. We will assume that the sponsor
> is gone for good.

what happen to the existing sponsored packagers ? (ie, do they get reassigned
to a new sponsor ?)

--
Michael Scherer