Re: finish retirement of sysvinit-only packages Re: Schedule for Friday's FESCo Meeting (2016-07-29)

On Tue, 2016-08-02 at 10:09 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> On 08/02/2016 09:24 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:

> >> Take that article with a grain of salt since it's written by somebody
> >> that has not  done any real migration to any extent.
> > Jóhann,
> > if there is a factual error in the article point it out, this sniping at
> > people implying they do not know what they are doing and FUD is really
> > not welcome in a community, we are all here to contribute.
> >

> This article is meant to be about migration and to be able to write such
> article you need to have migrated quite few initscripts so please point
> me to the actual work that the writer has done in that regard.

I do not actually have to prove anything, in a welcoming community you
give the beneit of the doubt that people researched and know what they
are talking about and you stick to actual fact in whatever they produce,
not to some badge of credentials that can be publicly displayed.

For what I know Jon may have done hundreds of migrations in private.

> Then you can cut FUD crap and if you need factual error then the line
> about EnvironmentFiles should not have been mentioned since it should
> not exist in type unit files and if everything would have gone as
> planned an feature would have already been submitted and they cleaned
> out from the distribution at this point in time along with quite few
> other things that got "obsoleted" with systemd.
>
> And FYI Red Hat employees are not only here to contribute but apparently
> they also exist here in this community to threaten to out people from
> the project if they don't suck up to the Red Hat desktop team.
>
> Perhaps that's just Fedora/Red Hat conference thing.

Please grow up a bit.

Simo.

> JBG
>
> --