Re: zfs_arc plugin for collectd disabled by default

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 23:58:54 -0000
> "Michael Woon" <woon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello devel,
>>
>> Hello ruben, fab, mhlavink, kevin, jskarvad, xaeth,
>>

>> I have a quick question about the collectd packages for Fedora /
>> Epel. By default, the spec has the zfs_arc plugin disabled and
>> collectd builds without it. Is this intentional?
>
> No. It's enabled in rawhide as of:
>
> * Sat Feb 27 2016 Ruben Kerkhof <ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 5.5.1-5
> - Enable zfs_arc plugin now that it supports ZoL.
>
>> I can rebuild the rpm fine with the option enabled, so it doesn't
>> seem there are any missing dependencies or things that would
>> otherwise stop this from working properly. Perhaps it's simply
>> un-used or un-demanded for most users, and therefore left out by
>> default?
>
> It was left out before because it didn't support ZoL/wasn't requested.
>>
>> I'm using collectd to monitor a zfs-based storage server, so that's
>> the root of this question.
>
> If you need it in specific releases, could you file a bug and ask for
> those and we can see about updating those.
>
> kevin

It should just work just fine on EPEL, but it was indeed never requested.
I tend to be somewhat conservative with which plugins I add to EPEL since
we need to support them for a long time.

So what Kevin said, please file an issue and I'll look into it.

Kind regards,

Ruben