Looking for spec A producing package B

Greetings:

I ended up trying to make a source package foo produce foo-server and
python-foo, and it's not working: no matter what I do, some files are
left unpackaged. So, does anyone know of a package doing this?

The longer story is that we have openstack-swift (although it's moved
to RDO now, it's principally a Fedora package). It produced
openstack-swift (the main package with most of the code),
openstack-swift-proxy, openstack-swift-account, and other. At a certain
point, Haikel asked me to make it so the code is in python-swift. It is
a style of packaging that many OpenStack packages observe, e.g. you get
python-manila, python-nova, etc. However, there's a difference. All of
them have functional "main package", too, such as openstack-manila in case
of Manila. But in Swift, the main package ends empty. Literally, no
files, no Requires. So, I was trying to get rid of openstack-swift,
and it's failing.

I guess I'd be okay with an explanation why it's not allowed and why
I have to leave a stub RPM with the same name as the spec/SRPM. But it
would be the best if someone has an example that I can steal.

-- Pete