Re: F25 change update: new storaged just landed in Rawhide

On 07/14/2016 04:56 AM, Tomáš Smetana wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 08:43:33 -0500
> Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2016-07-13 at 11:43 +0200, Tomáš Smetana wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>   Just a heads-up: I have just build the 2.6.2 version of storaged
>>> that should
>>> replace udisks2 in Fedora 25. The upgrade should be seamless: Cockpit
>>> and
>>> Blivet would need to be rebuilt too to use the new API. The rest of
>>> the system
>>> should just work as usually.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> I've you've verified that rawhide still works after the udisks2 package
>> is removed, then I can retire udisks2. Are we ready for that? I think
>> there's no point in keeping it around in Fedora anymore.
>
> Hi,
>   udisks2 is part of the "contingency plan" so please keep it around for a
> while. However you're right that udisks2 is now obsolete and there is no need
> to maintain it in Fedora.
>
> Thanks and regards,

Packages in Fedora can be retired up to Final Freeze, while the Contingency Plan
is expected to be put into play at Beta Freeze if things aren't working properly
at that point. So I think the perfect time to retire Udisks2 would be at Beta
release. Seem reasonable?