Re: iphone mount in nautilus on Fedora 24

On 07/11/2016 07:33 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> [...]

Thanks Peter

> Yup. The "normal" mount contains nothing that normal users should access.
> Accessing the photos will leave ghosts on the device, and there have been no
> ways to update the music database in Linux for a few iOS releases.
>
> You can still access the device by editing the URL in the "Documents on..."
> location. Just remove the ":3" at the end.
>
> If you have use cases that aren't the 2 mentioned above, or using your iDevice
> as a thumb drive, please file bugs against gvfs in the upstream GNOME Bugzilla.

Thanks Bastien. My use case is that I want to be able to copy pictures
off of my phone and onto the computer. I simply copy them off of the
phone, then eject phone from computer and then I delete them on the
phone using the phones interface.. This is my method of recovering
space on the phone.

I used to be able to just double click the icon in Nautilus and
drag/drop the pictures where I wanted them to go. Now I have to use
the CLI to get the same functionality.

Dusty