Re: [Modularity] RFC: rebuilding components of modules and namespace issues

Dne 20.6.2016 v 15:14 Karsten Hopp napsal(a):

> Copy doesn't allow multiple builds with the same N-V-R either according to this:
> https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/UserDocs#WhathappenswhenItrytobuildapackagewiththesameversionnumber

Yes. But you can have the same NEVRA in different project (even of the same user).
While in Koji you cannot have the same NEVRA in different tag. And you cannot have it in whole Koji instance.

> I also couldn't find any information about defining your own build environments in copr. I know that in koji privileged
> users can set up their own tag with exactly those package tagged in there that they need (koji-shadow works like this
> for example). Does copr allow something similar ?

Yes, it allows adding additional packages to chroot. See 2nd and 3rd picture from bottom
https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/ScreenshotsTutorial
There is no API call for this. Simply because no one wanted it yet.

And very soon it will allow defining the package set in buildchroot completely.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA