Re: systemd 230 change - KillUserProcesses defaults to yes

You know, it seems to me that systemd doing this to work around a Gnome problem (and a problem I have not seen outside of Gnome), is sort of like glibc working around a bug in Firefox and at the same time breaking bash.  We're taking a bug in the Gnome stack and putting a 'fix' in systemd that breaks all sorts of applications.  In turn, the 'fix' to those breakages is to add new, systemd specific code.  I fail to see how this is even acceptable.  I know right off that projects such as Mediagoblin are going to refuse to include such code, and rightfully so.

There are distros, such as Void, that exist specifically to avoid systemd.  While obviously the systemd developers do not care about such distros, it is really not cool to force dependencies that they would rather avoid on them.

Here's an idea.  How about Gnome fix their broken crap, and let's not enable this missfeature in systemd?  All these problems (including the true, root problem!) go away.  Alas, this seems to be too difficult a solution.

John.