Re: A Problem Regarding GNOME Software Maintenance

Dne 9.5.2016 v 14:43 M.Hanny Sabbagh napsal(a):
> So what can I do furthermore about this?
> Thanks.

Although it can be painful for you, there is pretty high chance that it is not priority for developer. Especially if it
cannot be reproduced on his own hardware.

Being pushy to maintainer is very often contra-productive.

You still have lots of options:
1) Stop using Gnome Software (There is Apper, DNF...).
2) Try to reproduce it on other hardware. Ideally in VM, which you can pack and send to developer.
3) Provide the patch.
4) Pay somebody to find reproducer and/or fix it.

I use a lot of SW which has lots of bugs and yes, some of them were reason why I started using some other alternatives.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA