Re: No mass rebuild in Fedora 25

On Mon, 2016-05-02 at 22:36 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> If there is genuine interest of start releasing fedora on time you will
> not achieve that goal by not doing or blocking mass rebuilds, you either
> need to stabilize anaconda development earlier in the cycle or find
> another installer for the distribution that can exist outside the
> distribution release cycles and does not have to be rewritten like
> people are getting paid for it every cycle.

Since you haven't been around lately maybe you haven't noticed this,
but here's some interesting numbers for F24. For Alpha there were 35
blocker bugs (approximately - I'm using the BZ tree view which may
include some bugs that got fixed while they were proposed). Of those,
by count, 3 were anaconda-ecosystem bugs.

For Beta, we have ~28 blockers. 4 of those are/were anaconda-ecosystem
bugs.

Also note that most of the anaconda-related bugs were caused not by
changes in anaconda, but by disruptive changes in other components that
anaconda had to adapt to. And that all the anaconda blockers were
resolved very promptly and early.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey