Re: No mass rebuild in Fedora 25

On 05/02/2016 12:15 PM, Jan Kurik wrote:
Hi Fedora developers,

As several people already started to propose their Changes for Fedora
25, I would like to emphasize a decision FESCo made in January [1],
not to do mass rebuild during the Fedora 25 development cycle [2].

This is very unfortunate because some of us were relying on the initial Fedora 25 schedule, which did contain a mass rebuild, and which was posted *after* the Fesco decision (so we naturally assumed it had been superseded). The resolution of this Fesco ticket goes into the same direction:

  <https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1565#comment:19>

We can try to rebase glibc without a mass rebuild (after all, Debian does it all the time). But I don't feel comfortable delaying potentially risky changes upstream (because of symbol clashes, e.g. gettid/getrandom/strlcpy) just because Fedora can't do a mass rebuild.

Florian