Re: Fedora 24 Schedule

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:25:50 PM CDT Jan Kurik wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 1:36 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Awesome. I'd really, really not like to slip F25 further, even if F24
> >> does end up with an adjustment. That's because that's targetted at Nov
> >> 8 (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/25/Schedule) already, and
> >> that gives us one week of slip before we're in Thanksgiving week, and
> >> if that happens, we're probably not really releasing the week after
> >> either, leaving with another December release (and people worrying that
> >> the F26 schedule can't possibly target May).
> >
> > I think we have all of the releng changes lined up for Beta, though
> > another
> > week would let us get layered image build service in production. I do not
> > think that pushing 24 out an extra week needs to delay f25 in any way
> > shape or form.  Mostly I was worried we had not  followed policy and we
> > have perhaps not left enough time for developers to get their Beta fixes
> > in.
>
> Thanks Dennis for your readiness as well as for opening this topic. I
> will take this as a lesson learnt and will communicate such deviation
> from policy in a better way if there will be a need to do such things
> in the future.

I suggest going forward we follow policy unless FESCo decides to make an
exception. People know how long to expect between releases. I am not sure why
you decided to not follow policy, but that decision has to come from FESCo not
from you. and needs to be communicated with the whole Fedora community.  given
the reminder on Fedora media Reminder we are not close to ready now. and
really could use the extra week to try get things sorted out and lined up.

Dennis