Re: ThinkPad X220 does not wake up after suspend (since Saturday)

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Martin Ueding <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the discussion about systemd mounting efiwars read-write I read about
> some bricked laptops by deleting the efivars.

Yours still boots. Bricked laptops don't boot. So I don't think it's related.

>Is it possible that some
> recent change (like Friday or Saturday) did something that could
> potentially interfere with the suspend-to-RAM?

Seems unlikely but you can look at the changelog to see if anything
relates to your hardware. The x220 is sufficiently common in Linux
land that if there's a software bug that's causing this, it won't take
much longer for people to start going crazy and this shows up on
reddit or hn.

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.5

Looks like there's a new firmware for this laptop model. Might make it
better, scant chance it makes things worse but then you can probably
extract a a few hundred bucks from Lenovo off a new laptop if it does.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x220/downloads/DS018805

--
Chris Murphy