ThinkPad X220 does not wake up after suspend (since Saturday)

Hi,

my ThinkPad X220 runs Fedora 23 with automatic updates, Chromium and
Spotify Copr. Up until Friday night, it worked just fine.

Friday afternoon the new Kernel 4.4.5 was installed. It was only loaded
on Saturday when I started the machine in the afternoon. I suspended the
laptop to RAM and found that it did not woke up. I only got this strange
light show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajoWfCtk7yE

The error (sadly) is 100% reproducible. I then went on and started with
the earlier kernels, 4.4.4 and 4.4.3, which worked fine before Friday.
(Thanks for keeping three kernels by default!) The error is just the
same, it does not wake up.

Then I also started a Kubuntu 15.04 from USB and had a slightly
different error. The machine would start the fan and the power light
would turn on, but the wifi was still off and the screen was black.

Using Arch Linux 2016.03.01 I was able to reproduce the error with
Kernel 4.4.1. Therefore I think it is not about the software any more.
This might be somewhere in the hardware or UEFI firmware.

In the discussion about systemd mounting efiwars read-write I read about
some bricked laptops by deleting the efivars. Is it possible that some
recent change (like Friday or Saturday) did something that could
potentially interfere with the suspend-to-RAM? A frind of mine who wants
to switch to Fedora wants to wait a bit as he has the same laptops and
fears that his might break as well.

The laptop is four years old and has been used all the time, I use it as
my desktop on a docking-station. Warranty has experied a year ago, so I
have to fix it myself with help. What can I do to get the system to wake
up normally again?

Regards,

Martin Ueding