Re: three questions: f24 branch, python3 default, where to put /etc/rsyslog.d/gluster.conf.example

DJ> I think the confusion comes from the fact that for several releases
DJ> we heard "get ready because Python 3 is going to be the default" and
DJ> then all of the sudden that just stopped.

In that case, the issue is simply the definition of "default" and
perhaps a failure in the communication of the point behind that effort.

Where /usr/bin/python points is something we're going to change only
when the Python upstream recommends that it be changes, assuming that
ever happens.  This goes for things like ipython as well; the
unversioned executable is a link pointing to the python2 version.

The "Python3 as default" effort is embodied by these bits from the
guidelines:

"
If a piece of software supports python3, it must be packaged for
python3.  If it supports python2 as well, it may be packaged for
python2.
"

"
If the executables provide the same functionality independent of whether
they are run on top of Python 2 or Python 3, then only the Python 3
version of the executable should be packaged.
"

That's about it.  Package modules for py3 if they support it.  If
software doesn't care, use py3.  The "python3 as default" thing wasn't
dropped, it was completed (as far as the guidelines go, of course; I
doubt all of the packages in the distro have caught up).

 - J<