Re: [Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

On 22 February 2016 at 17:38, Corey Sheldon <sheldon.corey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kevin, et al.
>
> I am willing to help with the re-write but admittedly some of it will require a crash course for me.
>

> On 02/22/2016 11:31 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:02:45 +0000
> Mat Booth <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Wow, that "HOWTO" is a really old page -- not changed since being
> imported from the old moin moin wiki. My feeling is that page should
> be deleted and the "How to create an RPM package" page should be
> updated.
>
> Here is the official guideline:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#BuildRequires_2 --
> basically, we just got out of the business of keeping track of what
> the minimum buildroot contains.
>
> Should we just delete that HOWTO page?
>
> Really you should be using mock these days and it should tell you when
> you don't have the right buildrequires present by failing until you add
> them.
>
> kevin

Actually, I just went ahead and made the change: https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=How_to_create_an_RPM_package&diff=435832&oldid=432092

Now it links to a document that tells you how test package builds using mock.

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora