Re: [Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

RWMJ> Is that new?

Not really.  The change relating to what's in the buildroot was made
about nine months ago: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/497

RWMJ> I'm fairly sure I've got a lot of packages that assume gcc is
RWMJ> there as part of the basic environment.

FPC doesn't generally make guideline changes retroactive.  Of course, if
releng were to decide to drop gcc from the buildroot (which they could
do at their leisure since the packaging guidelines no longer specify
what's in the buildroot) then those packages would fail to build.

The guideline page to which you're referring is simply a new page about
packaging C and C++ applications, but it doesn't change anything about
what's guaranteed to be in the buildroot.

 - J<