Re: CVE-2015-7547 fix for Fedora 21

Haïkel wrote:
> /me wearing his FESCO member hat.
>
> Please remember that F21 has reached End of Life and is *not*
> supported by fedoraproject.org
> Though these packages may fix a very critical CVE, we cannot guarantee
> that CVEs in other packages are also fixed.
>
> So no warranties from fp.o if you keep using F21 with or without these
> packages.

To be clear, this is clearly stated in my disclaimer, which is also
contained in my .repo file. It is clear that I cannot resurrect the whole
Fedora Legacy as a one-man show.

I really wish Fedora would provide the infrastructure to push security
updates for EOL releases. I still think that the one thing that killed
Fedora Legacy was its insane amount of bureaucracy and that with an ACL-less
free-for-all approach with no QA and with direct pushes to the repository
(basically, the way the old Fedora Extras worked), it would just work. (The
only restriction should be that only security updates (and fixes for
regressions introduced by previously pushed security updates, if any) are
allowed and that people pushing any other changes without explicit approval
will be banned from the infrastructure.) Basically, the idea should be: You
want a CVE fixed, you just fix it.

> /me removing his FESCO member hat
>
> Thank you Kevin for your effort to provided a very critical bugfix to
> people who may use F21, though they shouldn't.
> At least, I appreciate that you shared your efforts with a larger set of
> people.

Glad to be of help.

        Kevin Kofler