Re: CVE-2015-7547 fix for Fedora 21

> Hi,
>
> I have built an updated glibc package for Fedora 21, with (alleged) fixes
> for the following security issues:
> * CVE-2015-7547 (CRITICAL)
> * CVE-2015-1781
> * CVE-2015-8777
> * glibc PR17269
> * glibc PR18032
> backported from Fedora 22 or forward-ported from CentOS 7. (To the best of
> my knowledge, the patches I backported do indeed address the above issues,
> but I cannot provide any kind of guarantees for that.)
>
> You can find it in the following repository:
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/kkofler/f21-security/
> (I had to use the old repos.fedorapeople.org infrastructure because the Copr
> maintainers "helpfully" deleted the Fedora 21 buildroots, making Copr
> entirely useless for the purpose of building security updates for
> distributions Fedora no longer provides them for. I consider this a very bad
> idea and an absolutely counterproductive practice.)
>
> As specified in the .repo file, the packages are signed with my CalcForge
> GPG key, available over HTTPS (with a valid certificate from Let's Encrypt):
> https://www.calcforge.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-calcforge
>
> This repository is provided "AS IS", in the hope that it will be useful, but
> WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY
> or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  In particular, NO warrants of any kind
> are made for completeness of security fix coverage.
>
> Currently, glibc is the ONLY package that has an update available in the
> above repository.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

/me wearing his FESCO member hat.

Please remember that F21 has reached End of Life and is *not*
supported by fedoraproject.org
Though these packages may fix a very critical CVE, we cannot guarantee
that CVEs in other packages are also fixed.

So no warranties from fp.o if you keep using F21 with or without these packages.

/me removing his FESCO member hat

Thank you Kevin for your effort to provided a very critical bugfix to
people who may use F21, though they shouldn't.
At least, I appreciate that you shared your efforts with a larger set of people.

Regards,
H.