Re: [Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

HdG> I was specifically interested in this one, but this seems to be
HdG> missing from the wiki page ?

That URL certainly works for me.  Here's the text:

Use of pregenerated code

Often a package will contain code which was itself generated by other
code. This often takes the form of configure files or parsing code
generated by bison/yacc or lex/flex.

It is required that the original source files from which the code was
generated be included in the srpm. Generally these files are part of the
source archive supplied by upstream, but it may be necessary to fetch
those files from an upstream source repository and include them in the
srpm as separate Source: entries.

It is suggested, but not required, that such code be regenerated as part
of the build process. The means for doing this are entirely specific to
the individual package being built, but it may happen automatically if
the necessary dependencies are present at build time.

 - J<