Re: F24 Self Contained Change: Let's Encrypt client now in Fedora

On 10 February 2016 at 14:09, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 02:45:37AM +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

I'd love to see this extended to be a Fedora Server feature, and
possibly integrated with Cockpit. I remember some discussion about that
initially... where did that go?

My child took my time so I couldn't drive it ;)

At the Server WG meeting that discussed it [1]

The decision was not to proceed with any cockpit work required as it was hard to automate (honestly I'd debate this one but as I mentioned I was unable to attend) and it required a publically visible server (with appropriate DNS entries to point to it) making it moot for any internal server deployment.

Given that, and a lack of time otherwise, I haven't pushed the WG for anything more for now. It remains in beta at any rate at this stage so there is a sane argument for how much effort to put into cockpit/rolekit integration for now.

[1] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2015-12-15/serversig.2015-12-15-16.00.log.html