Re: On packager motivation

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy

 | Provenpackagers should try to communicate with owners of a package in
 | bugzilla, irc or email prior to making changes.

 | They should be careful not to change other people's packages needlessly
 | and try to do the minimal changes required to fix problems, as explained
 | more in depth in the policy explaining who is allowed to modify which
 | packages.
 | -> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Who_is_allowed_to_modify_which_packages

Even if says "should" two times, Jerry refers to "no prior contact" and
a version upgrade to alpha level software. That doesn't sound like anything
provenpackagers should do within arbitrary packages.

I wonder whether a message at the top would have changed the provenpackager's
mind?

> Sometimes a provenpackager will make a bad change, and that's
> unfortunate, but it happens. Sometimes package owners make bad changes
> too! :-)

You're taking it too lightly. Somebody who performs version upgrades really
needs to take care of a package and incoming problem reports as well.