Re: bodhi - new update obsoleted an older update that had been submitted for stable

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 07:17:10AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Richard Fearn <richardfearn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/763
> >
> > You beat me to it :) Thanks for doing that!
> >
> > And Luke seems to have fixed the problem already. Thanks Luke!
>
> He fixed the code, but it isn't merged yet nor is it deployed in
> Fedora Infrastructure from what I can tell.

The fix is now in production.

Sorry about the annoying regression, folks. Bodhi previously would avoid
obsoleting updates that had an open request, even if it hasn't gotten
pulled into a push yet. A recent improvement to this logic allows for
updates with a testing request to get obsoleted if a newer update gets
submitted before it gets "locked" into a push. The bug that snuck in
allowed this to happen to unlocked updates with a stable request too.

luke