Re: Unresponsive maintainer procedure for tuxbrewr

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Sven Lankes <sven@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 01:30:27PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>> Isn't that tedious, inefficient and a waste of time?
>
> As all of the unresponsive maintainer procedure.
>
> Could we adjust the tooling so that a request for commit access is
> automatically granted if it isn't answered within three months?

That's a potential security problem. If I, for example,  can get
commit access to any idle program by claiming it when the original
maintainer is most busy, with no review or doublecheck of my quality
as a new maintainer, I can commit madness on a lot of low maintenance
projects. Given so many thousands of Fedora packages, it could get
fascinatingly risky, especially if I start committing intriguing
little '%post' procedures that interfere in subtle ways with other
packages.