Re: is there a reason for starting zookeeper.service in background?

> the problem here is the bash script wrapped around

in the good old days of solr there used a param passed to solr.jar to make the fork magic in java (maybe it was --daemon)
but now it's done in bash with "nohup" followed by "while true .... lsof -PniTCP:$SOLR_PORT -sTCP:LISTEN" to detect if it's up before exit

the zookeeper bash script does not have such lsof check and I tried to make it print usage

Usage: ZooKeeperServerMain configfile | port datadir [ticktime] [maxcnxns]

no daemon-related option

so the best choice IMHO is to short-circuit all the bash forking

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Muayyad AlSadi <alsadi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the problem here is the bash script wrapped around

just pass "start-foreground" and it will be short-circuit