Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 12:18:45 -0600
From: Jeff Ortel <jortel@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Scott Talbert <swt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: F24 System Wide Change: Suds Jurko Fork (fwd)

Hey Scott,

No worries.  As you know, I am both the upstream and package maintainer.  I have not been actively
maintaining it for some time now.  Mainly because it requires a significant time commitment.  A commitment
to a thorough understand of a number of complicated specifications (SOAP, WSDL, XSD).  A commitment to
investigating tickets for root causes and to providing solutions that are supported by specification.  A
commitment to extensive regression testing against a wide variety of web services and engines that interpret
the specifications in slightly different ways.  It's easy to change the code in a way the fixes one
ticket/bugzilla (web service) but breaks 100 others.  I can no longer make this commitment and decided that
my involvement would likely do more harm than good.  That said, it would be good if python-suds was based on
an actively maintained project.

I am unfamiliar with how this type if request plays out.  My expectation would be that the community
(especially dependent packages) would have the opportunity to test against the rebased python-suds in
rawhide and somehow vote to proceed.  Is this true?  How confident are you in making this change?  Do you
believe the jurko/suds fork has the level of commitment to stability I described above?

Please be assured that I welcome the proposed change provided it's best for the entire Fedora community.
Further, I appreciate your making the proposal.

Thanks,

Jeff