Re: F24 System Wide Change: Suds Jurko Fork

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016, Josh Boyer wrote:

* Update existing python-suds package to suds-jurko and ensure it
builds/works in Rawhide. (NOTE: proposal owner is not currently the
maintainer of python-suds, but would intend to assume maintainership
as part of this change.) The plan is to use the latest hg snapshot of
suds-jurko.

Has the current python-suds maintainer been contacted about this
change directly?  If so, did they have an opinion on it?

I haven't yet, but I will attempt to do so now.

Other developers:
* For maintainers of packages that depend on python-suds: test the
dependent packages to ensure they work correctly with the updated
python-suds package. No changes should be needed as the Jurko fork is
believed to maintain compatibility with the original Suds.

Can someone actually check this for compatibility instead of just believing?

As a data point, I have tested it with the package that I maintain (congruity) and it works fine as a drop-in replacement.

Scott