Re: no systemd in containers: Requires -> Recommends

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 08:28 AM, Neil Horman wrote:

> I would question why its necessecary to keep systemd out so ardently.  If you
> build your container layers properly, you can effectively put systemd in a base
> container and layer other applications in child containers that inherit from it.

If one is doing "micro" containers that only have typically one process in them,
having systemd managing it is unnecessary overhead.

There are some outstanding issues with this model; need a way to tell
a pid namespace to auto-reap children in the kernel so pid 1 doesn't have to know
to do that.

But we should also obviously support systemd-in-container as a lot of
people are in a middle phase of "virt lite" with containers.