Re: How do you unsubscribe from mdapi meta-data update?

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:44:54AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:19:50 -0500
> Steve Grubb <sgrubb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Something started sending me emails about $SUBJECT. The email says
> > this is due to my preferences and give an URL. Clicking on that URL
> > leads to a page that says, "Transaction expired, or cookies not
> > available. Try to login again."
> >
> > Logging in again leads to no useful page. It simply says "You will be
> > redirected to this application whenever another application requires
> > you to authenticate."
> >
> > Reclicking the original link still says I'm not logged in. Logging
> > into my FAS account does not allow me to pick any preference about
> > this email. How does one stop it? Why is the URL that the email gives
> > wrong?
>
> Can you share the url it's giving you?
>
> It should be something like:
>
> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications/<yourfaslogin>.id.fedoraproject.org/
>
> Which should redirect you to the Fedora ipsilon auth server.
> It sounds like it is redirecting you, but somehow it thinks you have
> taken too long to login and says the transaction is expired?
>
> In any case you can go to:
>
> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications/
>
> click the 'login button' and login.
> Then you should be able to add a filter to drop those notifications.
>
> kevin

FYI, when we rolled out mdapi, we ran a script written to exclude
mdapi messages from everyone's notification preferences.

    https://github.com/fedora-infra/fmn.lib/pull/55

Steve, if you're still having issue with it you can mail me directly
or ask in #fedora-apps on freenode and we can get your account sorted
out.