Re: Between a rock and a hard place

On 07/12/15 15:33, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Jamie Nguyen <j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So, in the general case of packages being retired from EPEL7 because
>> they have moved to RHEL, how do we avoid missing packages in the future?
>
> What is the issue with the CR CentOS repository?

It's not enabled by default. Newcomers to CentOS who want NGINX will
most likely follow some guide on the Internet that tells them to do this:
1. install CentOS
2. install EPEL
3. install NGINX
These newcomers have probably not heard of CR yet, and shouldn't need to
know about CR for NGINX to be installable. It's also not obvious when
installation fails that CR is the answer.

Kind regards,
Jamie