Re: Dealing with rolling release versioning

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 02:38:10PM -0500, Jaroslav Skarvada wrote:
> they now use 'daily-YYYYMMDD' as the version, it is even shown in the
> about dialog. They provide daily builds. It doesn't seem they are
> going to change this release model in the near future (but I will
> recheck with them). Personally I would go with YYYYMMDD as the
> version. Anytime later, if the release model change, we will be able
> to add epoch and use different numbering. Just my two cents

Yes, this makes sense to me too. It's not that they no longer have
versions, it's that they have daily versions with a naming scheme which
corresponds to that.

That's presuming that you're actually using the snapshot corresponding
to the official daily build, not just a checkout that happens to share
the date.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>