Re: Fedora Elections - Campaign period started

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Robert Mayr <robyduck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Il 25/nov/2015 07:50 PM, "Jan Kurik" <jkurik@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Robert Mayr <robyduck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>> > Have you extended the deadline for all teams/groups or why do we still
>> > have
>> > new nominations?
>> > I thought the process says extensions are applied only if a certain
>> > group
>> > doesn't reach the quorum of available seats + 25%. In our case
>> > Env&Stacks.
>> > Just for clarification for all community members still willing to
>> > nominate
>> > themself.
>> > Thank you.
>>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> can you please be more specific ? I do not understand the point. We do
>> not accept more nominees now.
>> We have had only one nominee, for FAmSCo, who applied late. If this is
>> the problem you are pointing at, then we can talk specifically about
>> this. I am not aware of any other late nominations.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jan
>>

> Yes I saw a new nomination in Famsco, and If we accept late nominations we
> should do this publicly and give all community members the same chance.
> I don't understand why you want to discuss about a specific nominee, my
> question was generic and perhaps I was not the only one to be surprised
> seeing new nominations after the deadline. I asked because I thought
> accepting people after the deadline needed a clarification for all
> contributors, it's an exception to our election terms.
> Thanks for your time doing all this work during the election period.
> Kind regards.

As I received more complaints about "not being strict" on deadlines,
and after some other discussions, also considering the fact we already
have enough FAmSCo nominees, I removed the late nominee from the list
and sent him an apology. I also asked our infrastructure team to make
the Nomination pages read-only till the next Elections, to avoid this
kind of situations in a future.
I am sorry for all the troubles this caused.

Regards,
Jan