Re: Browser choice in live images

> At least one image that is still consistent with its goals in its
> application choice. The KDE image is now polluted by Firefox, which
> sticks
> out like a sore thumb. :-(

I miss QtWebKit. :(

For those not familiar with the history, QtWebKit was deleted from the
upstream WebKit project about three years ago after the maintainers
said they no longer had the resources to continue maintaining it
upstream. It now lives on KDE.org but it's based on an ancient WebKit
revision. I don't know what the security story is there, but I imagine
not good, and I guess that's why you switched to Firefox?

Now bundling is allowed, you can bring in QtWebEngine, and try porting
Rekonq to use that. It's sad to be forced to switch to Chromium
bundleland, but Chromium works well and comes with a top-class sandbox,
so Rekonq would immediately become about 3252389724x more secure than
Firefox or Epiphany. Unless you're willing to use QtWebEngine, I see no
future for Qt-based web browsers. :/

Michael