Update pushing and bugzilla workflow

This has been bugging me for a while: what's the best practice, or
even a good practice, for pushing updates to more than one Fedora
version at a time?

Suppose I that foo-1.0-1 is current in fc22, fc23, and rawhide.  I
want to update them all to foo-1.0-2.

Obviously step 1 is to build all three new versions.  Rawhide
automatically picks up the new build at the next compose.  All is
well.

But now I want to submit fc22 and fc23 updates.  The only option I'm
aware of is to submit two separate updates in bodhi.  In the process,
I have to choose whether to ask bodhi to auto-close the bugzilla bug.
Both options are wrong, unfortunately.

Furthermore, now that I have two updates pending, I have a dependency.
If I want to be a good packaging citizen, I shouldn't mark the fc22
update stable before marking the fc23 update stable, because doing
that breaks the update path.  I also don't want to close the bugzilla
bug until *both* updates are stable.

AutoQA and taskotron are basically useless, because the breakage only
occurs if the fc22 update is marked stable before the fc23 update, and
taskotron is done before that's even possible.

Would it make sense to have a composite update type that targets
multiple releases, where (a) newer targeted releases must be marked
stable before older targeted releases and (b) the bugzilla bug is
closed once all of the targetted releases are pushed?

Is there some other workflow that makes sense here?

--Andy