Re: repodata size

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 01:41:15PM -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > From an unrelated practical point of view: consider that the metadata
> > pulled down so DNF can operate is basically the same size as the entire
> > (compressed) Fedora Cloud Base image. It'd be very nice to not have
> > that overhead (but still have wider package set available when you want
> > it).
> Perhaps every product should produce a os/{repodata,Packages} directory as
> well as an updates/VERSION/PRODUCT/ tree with .

For the cloud case, I think it'd be nice to have one collection of
packages which are on the image itself, plus another with stuff likely
to be installed (nginx, various language stacks, databases,
caching...), and then maybe everything else.

But, maybe we say "eh, too hard", and just focus on Atomic, which works
entirely differently and therefore doesn't have this issue.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>