Re: Why packages sources are NOT mirrored?

On Sep 17, 2015 06:46, "Marcin Juszkiewicz" <mjuszkiewicz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>                         My traceroute  [v0.85]
 This is my connection to pkgs.fedoraproject.org machine. Fetching 48MB archive reached 36% in 2 (two) hours...

> We ship binaries through mirrors all around the world. yum/dnf knows how to use them to get packages in a quick way. Knows how to handle lack of connection etc.
>
> But sources used to build packages came from one place. ONE...
>
> Why? Why we are not have them mirrored?

I would talk with the mirrors in your area and find out why they don't mirror it. Mirroring is a volunteer activity and mirrors do what they think will be useful for users near them.

And to pre-answer something that might be related, there is no budget to put this into a CDN. Those are extremely expensive operations and do not volunteer space.