Re: bodhi 2 now live

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> After a longer than expected outage window, I'm happy to report that
> bodhi2 is now live in production at
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
> or
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/

Unfortunately, there are several things that have become worse:
* The front page is much less useful. It used to have:
  - My recent updates
  - A menu with quick links to the supported Fedora releases, to list
    existing updates or submit new ones
  Now, instead, the main focus is on the list of recent events, including
  things such as "xyz has been awarded the 'Bla bla bla' badge" which are
  really irrelevant.
* Reliance on JavaScript has unnecessarily increased in several places:
  - listing my recent updates is now done in AJAX,
  - the update submission form now requires JavaScript.
  To be fair, the JavaScript code works even in KHTML, but still, I don't
  understand this insistence on using JavaScript where plain HTML (with
  optional JavaScript for things such as autocompletion) worked fine.
* The submitter is wrong for some updates! See:
  https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/241
* The formatting of the update notes has changed in some ways (line breaks
  gone missing?), breaking my nicely formatted notes, e.g.:
  https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/calamares-1.1.2-1.fc23
  (The enumerations were turned into one paragraph with bogus italics.)

        Kevin Kofler