Re: Proposal: Drop comps

On 07/15/2015 10:20 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Description and Summary can be localized in .spec file [1], where
supposedly "names" in comps terminology refers to "summary" in .spec
terminology. Including translations is encouraged in guidelines as well
[2, 3], unfortunately without any further details :/

I don't think localized summaries and descriptions are applicable in distributions like Fedora, where packages are maintained by individuals.

IMO, making localized summaries/descrs. helpful would require a multilingal team of translators/packagers, whose sole task it would have to be to add translations for a predefined set of languages to maintain them.

That said, I don't consider random packagers adding random translations to packages to be useful and to cause more problems than they solve.

Ralf