Re: DNF vs YUM, $pkg, $pkg-mpi, $pkg-openmpi having same provides

On 06/12/2015 06:34 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
On 06/11/2015 10:01 AM, Sandro Mani wrote:
So, whose fault is this? Packaging of dnf? Nothing relevant for this
caught my eye skimming through the packaging guidelines.

And related: trying to install some $pkg-openmpi package, I don't
generally see packages enforcing that the -openmpi version of some
dependency library is installed as opposed to just the regular libs
package. Should such requires need to be stated explicitly?

MPI packages need to filter out the provides from the MPI versions and
explicitly add needed requires on the specific MPI flavors of packages
needed.  This probably needs to be added to the MPI guidelines.

Yes, a mention of filtering should be added. Basically, this is already discussed in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor