Re: Changing Fedora account profile image

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 23, 2015, at 6:20 PM, Taylor Braun-Jones <taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do I change my Fedora account profile? It doesn't seem to support Gravatar and I can find anyway to change it. For example on this page:

We use libravatar.

Thanks, I was able to setup a libravatar account for all my email addresses, although it has not yet been reflected on my Fedora packager profile page despite giving it 30 minutes and doing a full page refresh. Maybe I just need to give it more time?

Here are some usability suggestions based on my new-user-first-time experience so far:

- It would be nice if the account settings page indicated that profile photos come from libravatar

- It looks like libravatar "Default URL for missing images" feature can be configured to fall through to Gravatar if a libravatar photo does not exist.[1] If that's true, it would be a nice feature to enable to make things more likely to Just Work for new users.

- The libravatar confirmation went to my spam folder for one of my GMail-hosted email addresses and was never received at all for another one of my GMail-hosted email addresses. Maybe following some of the advice from GMail's Bulk Senders Guidelines[2] would help?

Taylor